Old 16-07-2003, 06:04 AM
Evil One

Default What to do with a skunk in a live trap?

"theoneflasehaddock" wrote in message
m...
H Hornblower wrote in message

. ..
I have disposed of a couple of nocturnal coons with a big
Havahart trap. I live in the city , but by a railroad track with a
variety of wildlife. I'd never thought about what I'd do if I caught a
skunk in the thing until I saw one in the yard one morning. What a
mess that could be.

I had one of those idiotic traps. I say idiotic since only an idiotic animal
can be caught in it. But, I did actually catch a skunk and what I did was
carefully and I do mean carefully, insert the trap into a contractors
plastic bag. These are big suckers and made from something like 4 or 5 mil.
plastic. I did the insertion from the rear I should add. I'm sure this will
bring copious amounts of ribald comment, but it is important to know.

I then moved the trap to an area outside of my garden and set the little
sucker free. He/she/it seemed happy enough to get away so I didn't suffer
any long lasting memories of the encounter.