Old 16-07-2003, 06:15 AM
Compostman

Default BOOK on COMPOSTING - Recommendations ?

My most comprehensive book is Rodale Books' "The Complete Book of
Composting" copyrighted 1960. The book is 1007 pages! I didn't think it
was possible to write that much about composting. All other books I've seen
on composting are small, such as Brooklyn Botanic Garden publishes one
titled, "Easy Compost." It's ok. I have one titled, "Backyard Composting"
and one from Smith & Hawken titled, "Composting." My most recent composting
book is titled, "The Composting Cookbook" by Karen Overgaard and Tony
Novembre. Just don't believe everything you read about composting. Some of
it just isn't true.

You asked about books, but there are a number of good web sites. My
favorite is Cornell University's because it covers the science (physics,
chemistry, biology) of composting.

--
Compostman
Washington, DC
"al" wrote in message
Hi fellow g'ers

I am seeking recommendations for a good BOOK on COMPOSTING.

I prefer something with a bit of depth... that I can grow
with over the next couple of years of garden.

Thanks.