Old 16-07-2003, 06:15 AM
Paul Below

Default Can I move Rhododendrons in the Summer???

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:13:13 GMT, (Patty Winter)
wrote:

I just got a couple of rhodies this spring. They're in half wine barrels
with a special rhododendron potting mixture. I'm in the SF Bay Area, and
they're on the north side of my house, so they only get direct sun in the
late afternoon. Should I continue watering them every day in hot weather,
or ease up a bit to reduce the risk of root rot? Since they aren't
established in their new homes yet, I don't want to underwater them.

If you skip a day will the leaves wilt? If not, try skipping two
days.

Is the soil underneath damp the day after you watered? If it is still
damp, don't bother to water.