Old 16-07-2003, 06:20 AM
RichToyBox

Default New Fish

First, I use a minnow seine to round them up into a smaller area that I can
handle. Then I use a large, about 24 inch diameter koi net to bring them to
the surface for the sock net. If the fish is over 24 inches, it is very
easy to guide it about anywhere you want. 18 to 24 inch fish are a little
faster and still have some flight programming in them, and sometimes they do
what you want, and sometimes they jump. 12 to 18 inch fish are faster still
and have a significant amount of flight programming, and they usually jump,
you just need to have the net where they jump, i.e. be a good baseball
catcher. Under 12 inch, good luck.
--
RichToyBox

"*muffin*" wrote in message
wwellllllllll,
not only that..........

but if you cannot catch the fish,, the quarantine tank is useless except

for
new fish.

ok, how do yOU , who can. catch your fish????

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message

wrote in message
tsk, tsk ... no quarantine? you gotta get a 100 gallon rubbermaid and

have it always
set up waiting for this kind of contingency. Ingrid

snip

Wow! Ingrid, I was really expecting you to slap my knuckles faster then
that! *Laugh* I am taking a chance. I know that, but right now I don't

have
the equipment/space/manpower to manage a quarantine tank. Flame away.

BV.