Old 16-07-2003, 06:32 AM
Amadaun

Default Suspect chamomile.

Hello all.
For years I have had an attractive flowering herb garden that was left
by my predecessor which I make good use of. There is one flower, which
I always assumed to be chamomile, but that I never used. I now want to
use the chamomile but after doing a bit of google image searching,
think it might not actually be chamomile (or some variety of chamomile
that is not very popular). I can't seem to find it anywhere and was
wondering if perhaps anyone could help.
The plant:
- annual but self-seeding
- approx 1 foot tall
- leaves are alternate, with round edges (looks like flatleaf parsley,
almost)
- flower center pale yellow and lacy/spongelike, 1.5 cm in diameter
- very small down-pointing white petals around flower center
- flowers are very lightly scented, leaves give off a generic herby
scent when rubbed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jackie