Old 16-07-2003, 08:06 AM
Aileen Howard

Default Butterflies

We have a large Buddleia which is flowering profusely, and which doesn't
appear to attract butterflies at all. Bees love it, but since it's common
name is 'butterfly bush' - I am wondering why this is? Can anyone tell me
please?

Aileen

"Andy Spragg" wrote in message
Warwick pushed briefly to the front
of the queue on Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:20:53 +0100, and nailed this to
the shed door:

^ In article ,
^ says...

^ "Mike Roscoe" wrote in message
^ ...

^ . Today I was surprised to see a Comma taking an
^ interest in my pelargonium flowers, I haven't seen a Comma butterfly

in my
^ garden for quite a few years, things are looking up!

^ Must be a good year for Commas Mike, we have seen several in and

around our
^ garden this year. Normally we might just see one.

^ Since someone brought up the topic....
^ Does anyone know what this one is.
^
^
http://www.affordable-afpers.co.uk/urg/flutterby1.jpg
^ http://www.affordable-afpers.co.uk/urg/flutterby2.jpg
^
^ There isn't anything that quite matches it in our wildlife book, but
^ that only has 5 pages of butterfly pics.

Great picturs. Against all the odds, it appears to be a Comma ...

Andy
--

"No, you claim the magpie is to blame for all the
worlds ills, based on your ignorance of magpies."