Old 16-07-2003, 09:27 AM
Victoria Clare

Default How does one get old stumps to rot?

"Bob H" wrote in
:

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.218...

I've been trying to get someone to come and remove some leylandii and
sort out some fencing for me for months: they are all too busy.
Looks like I shall have to dim (do it myself) after all.

Victoria

Its because its' the wrong time of year for those jobs.

Wait for a few months, say September/November, and then see how many
you get.

I need my lawn mower blades sharpened, but I won't get them done now,
because its the wrong time of year. I'm going to wait 'til October,
and I'll get them done then easily.

Well, I started phoning round in March: I'd have thought someone would have
had the time then. I have succeded in getting people to come here to spec
the job out: it's getting them to come back, tools in hand, that is proving
difficult. Plans are now afoot to borrow a chainsaw :-)

Victoria