Old 16-07-2003, 09:54 AM
Aileen Howard

Default Butterflies

Thanks Malcolm, I obviously have the wrong one! Never mind, I'm happy that
it makes the bees happy.

Regards, Aileen

"Malcolm" wrote in message

In article , Aileen
Howard writes
"Andy Spragg" wrote in message
Warwick pushed briefly to the front
of the queue on Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:20:53 +0100, and nailed this to
the shed door:
^ In article ,

^ says...
^ "Mike Roscoe" wrote in message
^ ...

^ . Today I was surprised to see a Comma taking an
^ interest in my pelargonium flowers, I haven't seen a Comma

butterfly
in my
^ garden for quite a few years, things are looking up!

^ Must be a good year for Commas Mike, we have seen several in and

around our
^ garden this year. Normally we might just see one.

^ Since someone brought up the topic....
^ Does anyone know what this one is.
^
^
http://www.affordable-afpers.co.uk/urg/flutterby1.jpg
^ http://www.affordable-afpers.co.uk/urg/flutterby2.jpg
^
^ There isn't anything that quite matches it in our wildlife book, but
^ that only has 5 pages of butterfly pics.

Great picturs. Against all the odds, it appears to be a Comma ...

We have a large Buddleia which is flowering profusely, and which doesn't
appear to attract butterflies at all. Bees love it, but since it's

common
name is 'butterfly bush' - I am wondering why this is? Can anyone tell

me
please?

It's called the butterfly bush because butterflies love it! However,
there are many different kinds and some seem to have more nectar that
butterflies like than others. We've got two different ones and one is
much more popular with butterflies than the other, while bees use them
both.

--
Malcolm