Old 16-07-2003, 12:42 PM
Salty Thumb

Default Plant Labels - from used aluminium cans

"Franz Heymann" wrote in
:

There are no such things as gold ores to my knowledge. Gold is an
almost inert element. As far as I know, gold is always found as a
simple metal.

Gold has low reactivity, but isn't near as unreactive as the 'noble gases'
(but I hear you can even make compounds with one of the heavier elements,
Xenon?) . The one thing I remember is telluride ore, I'm not sure if that
means tellurium or rare earth elements in general. I also don't know if
it's chemically or merely mechanically bound.

-- Salty