Old 16-07-2003, 06:11 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Koi Meds

"Nedra" wrote in message
link.net...
LOL! Oh My my my .... okay I guess if his filtration is
top notch, etc etc ....

But, BV ... this just shoots in the bu**
our (rec.ponds) most recent theory that we need 1,000
gallons of water for the first Koi and 100 gallons for
every Koi after that. I don't remember seeing any conditions
tagged onto that theory ....

snip

True, true, an don't get me wrong. I am not about to toss 3 or 4 Koi in my
bathtub. I just wanted to make the point that the "rules" we all talk about
here, are based on laws of averages. Sorry, I am kind of anal about stuff
like this. I don't like rules that say, "Do this..." just because. Reminds
me of a story...

One Easter my Dad was cooking a ham and he cut it in half before placing it
in the oven. I inquired as to why he did this. He responded, "I dunno,
that's the way my mother did it." So I asked my grandmother about cutting
the ham in half, and she said, "That's how my mother taught me to do it.
I've always done it that way." I then asked my great-grandmother about the
recipe and she told me, "Cut it in half? Oh, that's because I don't have a
pan big enough for the whole ham."

So you see why I question salt too? *laugh*

BV.