Old 16-07-2003, 06:25 PM
Jessica

Default Has anybody ever "rescued" a plant?

Just rescued one on Monday! On Sunday, I was wandering about Rite Aid and
noticed they had a 50 percent off rack with a few wilted, abused plants that
looked as if they had not seen a drop of water in a long time. I saw a very
limp Blue Marguerite daisy for 50 cents. At least that is what the marker
said, it could be a different daisy for all I know, the blooms have all
dried up! Of course, the store had just closed when I went in to go buy it.
Fearing someone else might snatch it up the next day, I hid it behind
healthier plants and went back for it on Monday. Silly, I know, but I'm very
fond of blue daisies and none of the other stores in town were selling any.

"Plant rescue" I said to my fiancé as he drove me into town the next day. "I
should start a mission and call it PETP: People for the Ethical Treatment of
Plants!" To which he just laughed and told me to just get my flowers and
lets get going "as we had other places to be." So I purchased the relieved
daisies for 27 cents (as it was half off) and promised the others I'd be
back on Wednesday to bring them to a better place. Hopefully, Rite Aid will
not throw them away by the time I get there!

"Roseb441702" wrote in message
I was at my local Franks store because I wanted some tomato plants. I

must
have been there after the good ones were taken but I was determined not to
leave without one! I got one that was so thin and small but I bought it

and
took it home to plant it in the ground. My mother (she grew up on a farm)

made
such fun of me but it did get healthier and produced some tomatoes.

"Give A ShoutOut To The World!"
Put Your Voice Message Online at:
The ShoutOut Page
http://members.aol.com/Roseb441702/shoutout.htm