Old 16-07-2003, 06:40 PM
Janet Sanderson

Default Lime Trees

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:57:04 +0100, Mike
wrote:

Thanks Mike,
I hear what you say, I actually like the trees, but don't know who in
their right mind would plant them in that position. Both suggestions
very helpful and will pass them on,
Janet
In article , Janet Sanderson
writes
I have a friend with a swimming pool, and her next door neighbour has
planted a row of lime trees allong the South West side of it. They are
now about 15 foot high, well blocking the light and exuding sticky
stuff all over the pool. Anyone any suggestions?

I have suggested inviting him round for a swim when the light is
blocked and it is getting cold, but I think he may be deaf in that
proverbial ear!

Thanks
Janet (who adores the smell of Limes at this time of the year)

Found in the RHS New Encyclopaedia of Plants and Flowers. Page 703

"trees are usually attacked by aphids, which cover growth and ground
beneath with sticky honeydew"

So it might be an idea to have a quiet word in his ear about spraying
his 'problem trees' before they are damaged too much ;-) 'because you
would hate to lose them!!'. I know 'you' wouldn't. but . . . . . . ;-)

Mike
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more
National Service (RAF) Association Scarborough. Nov 7th - 10th (Nearly Full)