Old 16-07-2003, 11:42 PM
Salty Thumb

Default Plant Labels - from used aluminium cans

(Ned Flanders) wrote in
om:

There are no such things as gold ores to my knowledge.

Sure there is, Calaverite, Chalcocite, Bornite,
Chalcopyrite and enargite, are a few....

According to top yahoo hits, the only mineral listed above that contains
gold is calaverite (gold telluride), the other four are "ores" of copper
(chalcos being Greek for copper). But of course, if you're willing to
trade some of your gold nuggets for my copper pans, you've got a deal. :-)

Gold is an almost inert element.

As far as I know, gold is always found as a simple metal.

No. That would be native gold--which is rare. Most gold is in ores.

- Salty