Old 17-07-2003, 12:32 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Plant Labels - from used aluminium cans

"Ned Flanders" wrote in message
om...
There are no such things as gold ores to my knowledge.

Sure there is, Calaverite, Chalcocite, Bornite,
Chalcopyrite and enargite, are a few....

Gold is an almost inert element.

As far as I know, gold is always found as a simple metal.

No. That would be native gold--which is rare. Most gold is in ores.

That is incorrect. 95% of the gold mined in the world occurs as native
gold, or as gold-silver alloys (or simple mechanical mixtures. I am not
quite certain). The only gold ore of any significance id Calaverite, which
is gold telluride, which is mined in quantities which are small compared to
the native gold mined in South Africa.

The other minerals you quote do not contain any gold in their chemical
compositions.

Franz Heymann

Cheers,

Ned