Old 17-07-2003, 12:32 AM
paghat

Default Plant Labels - from used aluminium cans etc.

In article , Dwight Sipler
wrote:

Lots of label ideas out there. I've probably missed a few, but the
painted rock sounds best to me. Available materials, simple to make,
non-toxic (depending on the paint) and fairly permanent.

You can also get a mess of rocks about the size of your head and line them
up along the driveway & paint them in all sorts of bright colors! But to
be subtle, paint every other one white, the rest yellow, using that
rubberized paint that's for highway centerlines, it lasts quite a while.
If the yellow & white painted rocks clash with the house, repaint the
house schoolbus yellow.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"