Old 17-07-2003, 12:43 AM
Don K

Default Plant Labels - from used aluminium cans

"Ned Flanders" wrote in message
om...
Gold can be toxic to the liver and kidneys. Perhaps a prudent person
should stop wearing man-made gold while avoiding aluminum.

Don

It's compounds are, but gold worn as jewelry or eaten on desserts or
drunk in liquor are for the most part inert and not readily absorbed
by the body therefore not a concern.

Cheers,

Ned

Gold is not absorbed well by the body and its compounds are not
normally particularly toxic. Up to 50% of arthritic patients treated
with gold-containing drugs may show toxic effects however
resulting in damage to the liver and to the kidneys.
http://www.webelements.com/webelemen...t/Au/biol.html

I was being sarcastic. I'm not concerned about the toxicity
of aluminum or gold and I'm not going to avoid either one
just because someone comes up with an inconclusive factoid
that it may be toxic.

If the scientific or medical community ever makes a judgment
that these metals should be avoided, then I will listen. Until
then, it's just another crackpot idea for alarmists to get
themselves worked up over.

Don