Old 17-07-2003, 12:56 AM
Nedra

Default Walking bridge

God Bless You, Sam... !!! We need more people like you.

Nedra

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message
The area is 6 acres or so. It includes a pond which has 4.5 acre of

surface
water, a wooded wetland, a submerged wetland, a marsh, and adjoining
woodlands. The pond contains open areas, a crayfish area, a turtle area,

and
a man made reef system. There are bird houses on the trees, protected
woodduck boxes on trees left in the water, and bat houses in some of the
trees that get a lot of sunlight. I have mineral blocks set out for the
larger wildlife like deer. The 6 acre area is beaming with wildlife. You

can
not believe how much wildlife benefits and how much wildlife comes in when
you have a big pond with different wildlife areas specifically for them.

The entire entire area is 38 acres of which contains high grass pasture,

low
grass pasture, the pond/wetland area, woodlands, brush piles, large

bushes,
downed trees, and tree lines. Wildlife is sustained from what the pond
produces, droves of cherry trees and rose bushes, acorns, raspberries, and
other food items.

I love wildlife so I've been developing the area to be a wildlife reserve
and to house my future home. This is why there's so many different

habitats.

Sam

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
I'm (almost) speechless ... how big is the lake?
What are the dimensions of the lake?
How much water do you have to deal with?

I don't recall you ever posting this!

Nedra

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message
Yep all mine. I've been slowly developing it. I built the big

pond/small
lake this past winter/spring. It's been a learning experience to say

the
least.

"Nedra" wrote in message
link.net...
Wow!! Not only on the bridge but the Lake in the Background!
Is that all yours???
The bridge is looks great. Looks like it is really needed.

Nedra

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message
I built a walking bridge for my pond yesteday:

http://www.tiversa.com/bridge