Old 17-07-2003, 01:06 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Repotting Buttonwood

Dale,

I have a rain barrel attached to my shed roof that I use to

fill several
watering cans strategically placed around the yard. I do keep

Bt based mosquito
dunks in the rain barrel, think this might be problem?

No. BT is Bacillus thuringensis, (that probably is NOT spelled
right), a bacteria, and it would/could have no effect on plants.

snip

My main pest problem while growing indoors is aphids, they seem

to appear no
matter what I do. Seen a few outbreaks of scale on some Ficus,

but nothing
else. I usually pick the scale off by hand and use Neem oil for

the aphids.
What does a mealy bug look like? Do you mean the little

"rollie-pollies"?

Mealy bugs are like little puffs of cotton on your trunk or
branches. They, and aphids, can be controlled by application of
a pyrethrum-based pesticide. In summer, your tropicals should
(read MUST) be outside. You will find that your pest problems
drop by 90%.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++