Old 17-07-2003, 01:24 AM
Ann

Default Has anybody ever "rescued" a plant?

ospam (Roseb441702) expounded:

I was at my local Franks store because I wanted some tomato plants. I must
have been there after the good ones were taken but I was determined not to
leave without one! I got one that was so thin and small but I bought it and
took it home to plant it in the ground. My mother (she grew up on a farm) made
such fun of me but it did get healthier and produced some tomatoes.

I just rescued six tuberous begonias and three upright fuchsias from
Home Depot, the poor things were bone dry, the pots were ripped, some
of the plants were kinda wobbly/top heavy, but they're all tucked nice
and cozy into my back garden now.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA