Old 17-07-2003, 01:24 AM
Ann

Default Maine Wild Blueberries

"B & J" expounded:

I'm blue with envy! G I used to pick over a hundred quarts in a good year
when I lived in northern MN. It was one of my favorite summer recreations.
Other people golfed; I picked wild blueberries. My best results were
twenty-five quarts in one afternoon, but that occurred during an extremely
cool, wet summer. Most of the time I was satisfied to pick ten quarts in an
afternoon. I used to carry along a small frying pan and strip the berries
into it and pour them from there into my pail. When I arrived home, I'd pour
the berries from one pail into another in front of a window fan, which blew
away most of the leaves and chaff. It was an easy way to clean them. Anyway,
have fun and enjoy the great taste of those wild berries.

Oh, I will, I have to pick them again this weekend, my mother and
sister took all I had! But that's ok, there's plenty more to get for
my freezer!

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA