Old 17-07-2003, 01:27 AM
Sam Hopkins

Default Problem with Greg's DIY filter

Grayish water means you have a bacteria bloom. No filter other than a UV
filter will stop it. You can stop feeding your fish and wait it out. You
have too many nutrients in your water which is why you have the bloom
(things grow where there's food). Commonly people with aquariums will
experience this when they change their water and replenish trace/macro
nutrients.

Sam

"MISSYMAGICGIRL" wrote in message
I made his filter as designed. I used two because I have a 3000 gph pump.

My
water is cloudy, still dirty and barely see my fish! I have even changed

some
of the water and added filter materials and still no improvement. I am

ready to
buy a premade filter which I was going to at first.

What am I doing wrong?? Any idea's??

Thanks in advance,

Sacha