Old 25-01-2003, 03:21 AM
zxcvbob

Default What tomato varieties are you growing this year?

Lee Hall wrote:

I would be interested in knowing what the tomato lovers in the group
are growing this year. I will be growing plants for my friends that
have been tested in my garden and will grow some new varieties for
myself.

Here are the ones I have grown successfully befo

Clear Pink Early, Mortgage Lifter (pink/red), Black Brandywine

And the varieties I will be trying for the first time:

Mortgage Lifter (red VFN), Oxheart, Bull's Heart, Rose,
Micro-Tina, Tropic VFN, Neptune, Kentucky Beefsteak,
Ponderosa Red, Super Sioux

I had planned to just grow 5-6 plants but here I go again with 10. I
think I am addicted.

I'll probably just grow Principe Borghese (sp?) and Sausage again. They
did very good for me last year. Maybe one more variety, but I haven't
decided yet. "Sausage" didn't seem very productive at first, but each
fruit had an amazing amount of meat to it.

Best regards,
Bob