Old 17-07-2003, 06:17 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Help with biofilter system

Hi Judy, I have attached some links below I highly recommend the Blondie
of Skippy Filter. They both work for me!

Skippy's Filter:
http://www.skippysstuff.com/biofiltr.htm

Blondie's Filter Design:
http://www.blondieswebdesigns.com/wa...biofilter.html

Various DIY Filter home pages:
http://mikebentley.com/ponds/homemadefilters.htm

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"Judy" wrote in message
om...
You mentioned you build your own, could you explain what you use to
build your own biofilter system? It was also mentioned that the pump
would be placed in the pond, what is used to keep the pump from
clogging? Do you use a basket of some sort? I did put together a
veggie filter but I didn't put a drain in the bottom, wow was that
work to clean. My big mistake.

John Rutz wrote in message

Judy wrote:
Hi John, thanks for replying, do you have any suggestions on brands
and types of biosystem for outside the pond? Some thing not too
complicated since I am a novice at plumbing. Thanks Judy

not realy I havent used a comercial filter in years been building my

own
but can tell you this if your pond fer instance is 1200 galons look
for a filter that is advertised for 3000 gal in other words at least
twice the size of your pond if not 3x
manufacturers seem to over rate thier filters in my opinion by a factor
of 2 for goldfish and by 4 for Koi

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up