Old 17-07-2003, 03:04 PM
MT Byers

Default Summer Squash: Stem borers and fertilization.

as far as the other problem is concerned is pollination...now you have to
check wether you have male or female flowers....the male flowers have what
looks like a mini squash on the end of the flower, if it does NOT have the
mini squash then it is a female flower and those DO NOT produce squash, so
if you have a whole bunch of female flowers, which the first blush of blooms
generally are female, then pick those and eat them (fried are my favorite
way) or just in a salad. If the males are also dropping off then they are
not being pollinated, pick a female flower and brush it around the male.

With respect to the Tomatolord, one would need to transpose all of the
"female" references with the "male" references to have an accurate
statement of the facts here; otherwise, it's bang on!
Thus, one just takes a squashless male flower and dusts it around the
females. Sometimes we need to do the bees' job for them!

MT