Old 17-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Pepper fruit size

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:14:03 -0400, Pat Meadows
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:19:18 GMT, troikette
wrote:

I've been growing sweet peppers this year and didn't expect any fruit
because I was just experimenting, but low and behold, the plants have
fruited.

I know they should be taken off and left to ripen like tomatoes, but I
don't know when to take them off. At the moment they are just over an
inch high and shiny green.

No no. They will NOT ripen off the plant like tomatoes.

Maybe I'm wrong about this - but I've certainly never seen a
pepper ripen off the vine. I've been growing them many
years, and buying them many years too, and it's never, ever
happened in my experience.

Pat