Old 17-07-2003, 05:05 PM
John Hines

Default Does size matter...when stocking Koi in your pond... :)

"BenignVanilla" wrote:

"K30a" wrote in message

Pond size: close estimate of 3,000 gallons
Koi: 5
Goldfish and mutts: 30ish
Rosie Reds: all eaten by bullfrogs
(BV try inviting a few hit frogs to SH's pond.)

We have a small mafia of frogs. We had six but apparently he was whacked.
The remaining five just sit there, and pretend not to be seen. NOBODY IS
EATING MY MINNOWS!!! Once a week or so, I catch a bunch and set them loose
in my aquarium. My tinfoils love them, I am just not sure they can eat them
all.

I thought, probably from too many tv beer ads, that frogs caught insects
with their tounge? At least the ones we want with our ponds.

A pet shop by me had northern pike, and muskie (4-6") one time. I asked
and yes, they were captive bred and legal. I got my koi and plants from
them this year, I don't know what else they got.