Old 17-07-2003, 05:12 PM
Alan Silver

Default How do I avoid algae in a tank ?

In article ,
" writes
Use floating plants.
They need no CO2 and require less light since they are ight next to the
light. This also blocks the light for the algae. I used Water sprite
for my cichlids for many years. If you have light, water and nutrients,
something will grow. You have a choice of what.

That's an interesting idea ;-)

Only trouble with floating plants is that you can't see them ;-)

I was intending having some plants anyway, I just want to try and work
out what level of lighting is going to be enough to get them growing,
without having the algae grow as well.

Thanx for the reply

--
Alan Silver