Old 17-07-2003, 06:00 PM
DR Feelgood

Default Do Theories Have to be Testable to be Scientific?

Jeff Utz wrote:

"Robert J. Kolker" wrote in message
et...

Jeff Utz wrote:

Creationism, chiropractic & homeopathy

Chiropractic (the non nutty kind) is simply mechanical force applied to
the vertebrata to re-allign them. I have used the services of a
chiropractor over the years to do a re-alignment when my 4-th lumbar
vertebrea decides to lean over and press on the nerves.

No it isn't. Chiropractic is based on serveral incorrect theories, like
subluxations that can't be seen on xrays, MRI or CT scans..

http://www.chirobase.org/01General/controversy.html

That's right. If there is no subluxation (partial dislocation of bones
in a joint) in evidence, then the only reasonable presumption at this
point is that the theory, "A subluxations may really exist" is false,
and the null hypothesis, "There is no subluxation, as proposed" remains
standing as long as it is not knocked down by logically satisfactory
evidence of the proposed phenomenon.

This is known as the logical, scientific method of investigation.
Medical science, as contrasted to thinking like a quack with a mind full
of mush.