Old 17-07-2003, 06:03 PM
Janet Sanderson

Default Lime Trees

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:59:13 +0100, "John Towill"
wrote:

"Janet Sanderson" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:24:50 +0000 (UTC), "bnd777"
wrote:

Could be your swimming pool friend makes a hell of a lot of noise in the
pool and the neighbour is equally unhappy
Sometimes theres 2 sides to the problem .......i do not say it condones
planting Lime trees because I know several very distressed people in a
similar situation and they do not have swimming pools either

Point taken, but not the case, her 2 daughters are very quiet, very
intense swimmers, the pool is a work tool for their racing activities,
and even if they were on occasions noisy, the grounds of both houses
are so large it would make little difference.

Update is plan "A" was put to work yesterday, and the neighbours
brought their grandchildren up for a swim late afternoon. Within 3
minutes, they saw the problem and agreed to the trees to be
pruned.However not too sure how this could be done on a close planted
row of Lime trees which are 20 foot high.

Thanks
Janet

"Janet Sanderson" wrote in message
news I have a friend with a swimming pool, and her next door neighbour has
planted a row of lime trees allong the South West side of it. They are
now about 15 foot high, well blocking the light and exuding sticky
stuff all over the pool. Anyone any suggestions?

I have suggested inviting him round for a swim when the light is
blocked and it is getting cold, but I think he may be deaf in that
proverbial ear!

Thanks
Janet (who adores the smell of Limes at this time of the year)

Just hope that another neighbour does not apply for a tree preservation
order, no one will be able to do much about it then.
I know, as to my regret I have three very large lime trees on my property
with preservation orders on. :-(
Cheers
John T

The neibour in question is Chair person of the National Park, so this
is a likely possibility! However I did see her going up for a swim
again this evening. If nothing else 2 distant neibours seem to have
made friends, so something good has come of it. Now as to my neibours
Layland trees at the bottom of my garden (OK for him he is on south
side)- my neibour is moving, and agreed to us trimming them - such a
shame women dont know the difference between 20 inches and 20 foot!
The stumps will look much better.
Janet