Old 17-07-2003, 06:03 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Pepper fruit size

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:36:49 -0400, Steve Calvin
wrote:

Nope, you're not wrong. If picked green that's how they're gonna stay
until the finally go soft and bad.

Thanks. I didn't think I was wrong, really....

Like others here, I use 'em green but do leave some on hoping that they
ripen before a disease or some animal get 'em. Haven't had a whole lot
of luck with that though.

I don't either, usually something gets them before they are
ripe. We're building a hoophouse this summer - next summer,
I'll be growing my tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants in the
hoophouse and hopefully have better results with them all.
It gets pretty cool here at night, even in summer - it's not
uncommon for night temperatures to be in the 40s.

Pat