Old 17-07-2003, 06:42 PM
Malcolm

Default Apple corer, fruit peeler

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:17:26 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Malcolm" wrote in message
Anyone found one that is easy to use, clean and actually works well.
Any combined ones for apples, pears, pineapples etc?

QVC did a cute little plastic thing, but looks like it will only last
five mins.
--

The "Good Grips" peeler is excellent and has a larger handle for us chaps
with big hands.

Sorry I should have said an auto peeler, to quickly peel lots of
fruit.

I would expect their corer would be good too, although I'm not sure you
could use an apple corer on pineapples successfully.
There is a proper pineapple corer, cutter and peeler combined but it does
waste a lot of the fruit on the outside, but then you can always
cook/mash/strain the cuttings up to make juice as I've seen done abroad.

I wonder if anyone has any recipes for pulp from juicers too?

--

So, you dont like reasoned,
well thought out, civil debate?

I understand.