Old 17-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Rex Grigg

Default phosphates too high, need advice

On Tue, 06 May 2003 23:00:42 GMT, "SlimFlem"
wrote:

Also, Rex you say my water changes suck. I hear ya. The reason I do such
small amounts is because I cannot do too much at a time because of my back
condition. Do you think if I increased the frequency of the small water
changes it would be as good as doing one large one per week? For example, I
now change 5 gallons twice a week....what if I increased that to 5 gallons
4 times a week?

thanks.

One word. Python. If you have a 125 gallon tank and a bad back you
really need a Python. I would not have tanks if I did not have my
Python.

And are you sure it's hair algae and not black brush algae? Your
phosphates are coming from somewhere. I'm betting it's from the fish
food (most common source) and lack of water changes. And you really
need to get a pressurized CO2 system on that tank.

Semper Fi!

Visit the forums at Aqua Botanic!
http://aquabotanicwetthumb.infopop.cc/#1

Need Nitrate or Potassium for your tank? Go to www.litemanu.com