Old 17-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Mort

Default Lighting Questions

Hi all, I am pretty much a newb when it comes to lights.

I have 2 tanks that I want to redo the lighting for as I am unhappy with
what I have now.

in my 180 I am using 2 "Reef Sun" 50/50s. It's a combo of 6500K
trichromatic daylight phosphor and actinic 420 phosphor. Can someone
explain to me what this means?

Then, I have regular lights from home depot which are too yellow for my
taste. They are Phillips F30 Home light.

The Reef Suns are very blue which I think would be okay if the other lights
werent so yellow. I want something more white. Blue/White is ok but I dont
like this blue/yellow.

I dont have anything as of yet on the 90 gallon but I was gonna get those
cheapy 7.29 fixtures from home depot...

Also, is my understanding correct that the 6500k number is a representaion
of the color? Like 10000-18000 is very blue where lower numbers are yellow
and red?

TIA

~Mort