Old 17-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Christopher

Default prefilter for UV

you don't need a prefilter. just get the normal cap at the end to ensure no
fish go exploring up the tube and you are ok...the steralizer is just a tube
that the water passes through so as long as the thing sucked in can make it
out you have no problems

"willis stanley" wrote in message
. ..
What I had thought about doing was hooking the UV output line up to a
small via aqua pump's air hose intake, drawing water through the UV
rather than pushing it through. That would get me below the 60-80 gph
required for my UV unit. Then what I'd have to do is find some way to
put a prefilter on the end of the intake hose. Either that or find some
way to filter the grille intake of the via aqua. Since I already have
such a pump running for circulation, it would mean no new pumps in the
system.

In article ,
tose says...
You will also need a valve to slow down the output of your
pump.....

I think you only need that if you're getting an inline model. (Which he

can't,
since he's got a power filter.) If you're getting a standalone, you

just have
to be careful to buy a powerhead with an output that matches the UV
sterilizer's gph rating.

Leigh