Old 17-07-2003, 08:46 PM
Robert J Rolleston

Default Trace elements needed for planted aquaria

I am looking for a list of trace elements that are needed for planted
aquaria

I have a list of needed nutrients that are needed. Please let me know
what you think of the info I have collected please let me know what I
need to add or remove. Thank you

potassium sulfate for potassium
Potassium is a macro-nutrient required for healthy plant tissue growth

Calcium carbonate for calcium
High dosage calcium carbonate pills to raise the kH levels of your tank
to avoid a pH crash when CO2 is injected into the water

magnesium sulfate for magnesium (epsom salts)
Magnesium is essential for the formation of chlorophyll.

potassium nitrate for nitrate
potassium usually needs to be added regularly. If you notice yellowing of
new leaves, burning of leaf ends, and pale looking plants, it is likely
that you have a potassium deficiency.

phosphate
a necessary nutrient for plant growth

iron
another necessary nutrient for plant growth