Old 17-07-2003, 09:22 PM
T. Barnes

Default upgrading a swimming hole in a creek I need need info

Sam Hopkins wrote:

Exactly what you stated, the springs start on his property he owns them and
can dam them. However, in PA there are other things that will stop you from
dam the springs. For instance if you want to impound water from 100 acres of
surface area you need a dam permit and thus all the hoops. That number may
be lower where you are. Where are you at?

We are in upstate South Carolina in the hills near the NC line. His planned pond
is small, 4-5 acres max. with an improved wetlands area below it for waterfowl.
The wetlands area would be dike controlled for water elevation, 3' approx. in
the Fall. The total watershed into my pond is 140 acres, his land includes 52 of
those acres and all three of the springs that feed our creek.

'For instance if you want to impound water from 100 acres of
surface area you need a dam permit and thus all the hoops. '
I think you just answered my question, much obliged.
jtb