Old 17-07-2003, 11:52 PM
GrampysGurl

Default lawn with violets

(I even kinda think lawns are evil because they ecological
balance with one species), & I'm slowly replacing most of ours turf areas
with gardens & trails, but if I did want a lawn, I'd want one with as many
flowers as I could find that could be mowed & still flower greatly.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

You are my long lost sister lol. We had a new sewer pip put in, and DH has me
out there watering the "evil grass seed" a couple times a day. I tried the....
"You know I am going to take over the front yard with a garden eventually why
don't you just let me have it now when it is grass free." line and that didn't
work lol
Colleen
zone 5 Connectifut