Old 18-07-2003, 12:02 AM
Babberney

Default Best time to trim oak? (now I am lost)

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 04:24:06 -0500, "bobwhite"
wrote:

"Steve Coyle" wrote in message
. com...
Howdy folks,
In regards to this exchange:
In your opinion, what is the best time of year to trim oak trees?

in the winter

I asked this same question last winter, and was told to wait until July or
August because that is when the things that cause wilt are not active.

I just trimmed mine a week ago. I don't know what is right because of
totally conflicting information on here.

Bob

Both Winter and Summer are recommended times for pruning oaks. In
addition to being less active times for the insects and the trees, the
fungus that causes the disease will not produce spores unless
conditions are right, and hot dry summers are no better for this than
frozen winters.

keith
For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.../consumer.html