Old 18-07-2003, 12:03 AM
Pat Meadows

Default anise or fennel?

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 02:16:32 -0700, Matthew Montchalin
wrote:

Finally, I have heard some people tell me that "Italian" parsley
does not taste like 'regular' parsley, but has a different taste
altogether. Is it similar to cilanthro (which to me has a tangy,
metallic sort of flavor) or something else altogether?

I don't think so. I grow cilantro, flat-leaf (Italian
parsley) and curly (regular) parsley.

I think the Italian parsley tastes pretty much like the
'regular' parsley, but milder, less strong - you could say
'a more delicate taste'.

I certainly don't think it (Italian parsley) tastes anything
at all like cilantro. No way.

But tastes are tricky, you know, and I'm convinced that what
*I* taste may not be the same as what *you* taste. Very
individual things, tastes.

Pat