Old 18-07-2003, 12:22 AM
Salty Thumb

Default Grass from HELL

"Shepherd" wrote in
:

I used a weed-eater and cut the crabgrass in my lawn down to the roots
also. Then I sprayed a 20% vinegar on the roots, waited a few days
then watered the area heavily to leach the vinegar deep down into the
ground

Glad to hear I'm not the only one trying the weed-whacker approach!
Although I've read someone here mention that bacteria like acetic acid a
lot, so I wonder how much of the vinegar is left after a few days.

Most of the crabgrass has not come back and the Bermuda grass has
spread into the bare areas and is growing nicely. About 15% of the
crabgrass treated this way has started back slowly and I will have
another go at those plants this week end.

Most of my stuff seems to be coming back identically, so I might try some
vinegar, too.

- Salty