Old 18-07-2003, 01:12 AM
James Curts

Default BST MILK and Ordinary MILK Indistinquishable? Not Really.

"R.L. McCarty" wrote in message

SNIP

Try this on for size: Meat is aged on the avergae of 19 days nationwide

if sold to stores. In their lockers a few more day pass by before cut and
wrapped for sale. When it stands in the sales dispay and does NOT sell..then
it ismade into huge rolls of "hamburger" with fat added to allegedly
"preserve" it better
up to 35% worth. In some stores the STENCH is enough to senf most folks
"hurling"!
And one wonders WHY we have so much food poisoning in our country!

Yucko..B-0b1 u

I am well familiar with the aging process and the need for it. While still
on the ranch we raised our own beef, and about everything else raisable, and
oversaw the care of if from slaughter to dinner plate.

Much of what you see and experience in the meat markets today is
carelessness and attitude on the part of the employees. Store owners are
knowledgeable enough to know the product can almost always be traced back to
them if a customer or the law cares to.

Often, as in the case of mixing the old meat with the new, the amount of old
meat actually used is of minimal concern and is only a dumb stunt on the
part of an employee.

Again, laws and regulations protect the consumer if they are enforced.

Things could be a bit of a hassle before we had electricity and depended on
ice blocks and cooler cabinets.

Another significant source of food poisoning is still home canning projects
which go awry. Any low acid food is susceptible to and can promote the
growth of Botulism.

James Curts