Old 18-07-2003, 01:22 AM
William Valavanis

Default [IBC] Dumb Cambium Layer Question

Marty:

I respectfully disagree with what you said and also what Naka said.

Several decades ago when I was teaching bonsai at Cornell my plant
physiology professor took my Introductory Bonsai course. He corrected
all my mistakes after class, including this myth. Once when talking
about forests I mentioned what John said about removing branches and
roots on the same side of the tree. He said there IS cross movement
within a tree, and a root on the right side of the tree may help to
feed branches on the left side. I tend to believe my professor, rather
than bonsai myths which have been going around for ages.

By the way, I passed my plant physiology class and my professor passed
my bonsai course....

Bill

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++