Old 18-07-2003, 02:32 AM
Salty Thumb

Default Grass from HELL

"Shepherd" wrote in
:

Most of my stuff seems to be coming back identically, so I might try
some vinegar, too.

- Salty

Thinking about using a propane torch on the crabgrass roots instead of
the vinegar. Have you tried this?

Shepherd

Not yet (also don't know where my torch stuff is), but I was musing about
covering them with some old glass window panes. The last time I accidently
did that, it made a nice brown square that lasted for over a week. I don't
recall how long I left the glass sitting out though. Also, I think I read
that crab grass likes heat, so I'd like to get some more info first ...
wondering if the crab grass will just laugh at me while I'm shriveling the
good grass that I'd like to have crowd out the crab grass. It's going to
be rainy here for a while, otherwise, I'd do a little experiment.

-- Salty