Old 18-07-2003, 04:02 AM
Salty Thumb

Default Has anybody ever "murdered" a plant?

(paghat) wrote in newsaghat-
:

I've murderd lots of weeds. I once hired a couple kids to murder some
pampas grass. The houseplants I've killed I suppose is closer to
plantslaughter since it wasn't intentional.

-paghat the ratgirl

this year, over 100 tomato seedlings damped off. in the same week I
inadvertently flipped over 2 trays of marigolds, chamomile, lavender,
beans and more tomatoes. Some of the beans managed to escape, though.

last year I had a pepper plant in a pot and left it out to freeze. plus
about 3 rosemary cuttings died of neglect. tried to root some hybrid tea
roses, ended up with several brown sticks.

prior to that, put a peace lily (?) out in the sun whereupon it turned
half brown (but it survived and had children). dug up some coleus to
transplant, but ended up knocking them over with a lawn mower instead.

In college, got a gift of a small jade plant, thought it would be good to
put it out in the sun, whereupon it was promptly pecked to death by a
bird or flying squirrel.

I cut down an annoying tree (silver maple?) in my wayward youth.

In France I am also known as the Butcher of Dande Lyons. Mwuahaha

- Salty Thumb of Death