Old 18-07-2003, 04:52 AM
Tyra Trevellyn

Default Lovage seedling

From: (dstvns)
Date: Thu, Jul 17, 2003 11:13 PM
Hello,

I planted some lovage seeds over a month ago. I have some seedlings,
but unfortunately I don't know if these are weeds.

I did not use sterilized soil so the weeds are coming up with the
lovage. I was hoping someone would be able to describe what the
lovage seedling looks like. Germination from Nichols seeds was
_extremely_ poor, but I believe I have 3 or 4 seedlings (out of about
100 seeds). These seedling leaves that I think are lovage are 'star
shape', with several points jutting outward...I suppose someone could
say they look like "weed".

I can recognize most local weed seeds, and these seedlings are the
only ones that don't look like a weed. Let me know if there's a pic
somewhere of a lovage seedling, thanks very much.

Dan

Before you do a Google Image Search on lovage, have a taste of one of the
seedlings and see if it has a pronounced celery/parsley taste. Seedlings very
often bear the same taste as the mature plant.

Best,
Tyra
nNJ usa z7