Old 18-07-2003, 10:12 AM
Djay

Default It seemed like a good idea

They were probably Kane toads. Leathal to most animals.
Regardless I believe that all toads poison sacs on their head/neck.
If the eggs were in clumps then they are frog eggs - strands then they are
toad eggs.
The eggs/polywogs probably have the poison in their system even tho they are
much smaller.

Djay

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
If the eggs were long strands rather than clumps they were toad eggs,
possibly poisonous. Another reason to not collect frog eggs: all
amphibians are under pressure in the wild.

Yes, toads, that's what we have. I don't know about your neck of the

woods,
but here in Central Texas there is quite a large number of these

particular
toads. And they were not picked from the wild, it was from my back yard.

Not to mention the possibility of introducing exotic aquarium fish

diseases
to the wild when the tadpoles/frogs/toads are released.

They're going to our pond, no possibility of escaping into the wild. The
closest water body is too far away.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv