Old 18-07-2003, 10:13 AM
Iain Miller

Default CO2 Kits

"Skunky" wrote in message

Looking for feedback on the kits you are using. I'm interested in
Aquamedic, JBL or I may just buy a regulator and a comercial gas bottle
and inject dierectly into the filter intake, I find this method of
injection works well with the yeast method, is it as good using
pressure and do you use a reactor to start to get the bubble count
correct? Also, is anybody using a Deltec regulator, Ive seen one for
good money, unsure about their quality on the fresh water seen.

I've got a JBL kit with a Ph meter so the rate of injection is not that
important for me because the meter turns it on & off. The standard JBL
diffusor is not that good & is quite bulky for the track length you get - I
think the one that comes with the Hagen Nutrafin set is better (and
longer!). I don't use the diffusor - I put it into a filter inlet with an
airstone to make smaller bubbles.

Other than that it works really well & for the money is a good deal. I use a
3Kg CO2 bottle I got from my local Calor Gas depot - about £14 and no need
to buy the first bottle or pay any other kind of deposit - bargain! Its been
running on the same bottle since November

HTH

Iain