Old 18-07-2003, 10:15 AM
Victor M. Martinez

Default Dumb question about Amano shrimp

E. Mito wrote:
inhabitants with me. My question (a dumb one, probably) is how do you move
shrimp safely?

I'd put them in a clean airtight container with some tank water and a plant.

with my net (well, I did but then he would just scurry right out before I had a
chance to get the net out of the tank).

Drain most of the water out of the tank, that should facilitate catching the
critters.

Also, I notice that they have little pincers on the ends of their....front legs
(or arms?). How strong are these and can they pinch you?? (don't laugh at me,
please)

I don't think they'll hurt you, they're too small.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv