Old 18-07-2003, 10:15 AM
JudyK

Default Plants for coldwater tank?

Hi Leigh,

Wow, I just visited your web site - fascinating! The more I see
planted tanks the more I get interested in them (I'm also a gardener).
Now I am thinking of getting a better lighting system. I should have
gone for the more expensive setup when I bought the tank a few months
ago... This aquarium "hobby" sure is addictive and expensive!

I'm also thinking about changing the substrate. The goldfish people
are all raving about sand but I'm going to look at the other
possibilities too.

At least in the summer the temperature of my tank will be fairly warm.
In the winter it stays about about 66 degrees F or so. I'll look for
some Java moss.

Should I be fertilizing my plants? I haven't done it so far.

I see another trip to Big Al's coming up

Judy