Old 18-07-2003, 10:15 AM
JudyK

Default Upgrading my lighting

Thanks Leigh,

The compact fluorescents that I was looking at at big Al's are
All-Glass ones. After what you say about the reflector and the bulb
that comes with it I am now more inclined to go with a regular
fluorescent setup - cheaper and there is a much wider selection of
bulbs available - plus you can combine different bulbs. The only bad
thing is that to get 3 bulbs on a 12" deep tank they don't have much
of a reflector.

If I put a hood over the handle of the glass top will it melt???

I'm still interested in the AH Supply kit but with shipping and tax
and so on it gets expensive. Plus I still have the limitations of the
compact fluorescent bulbs. They seem much more oriented towards
sal****er tanks.

My friend brought me some lovely sand from his property and I am
rinsing it out to put in the goldfish tank. I think it will look nice
and the fishies will have fun playing in it. The goldfish really need
a bigger tank too. More $$$$$$

Thanks again for the help!
Judy